Rules and Requirements for Pet Travel Within the United States
- Microchip (recommended but not required) required for Hawaii.
- Current Rabies Vaccine (recommended but not required) required for Hawaii.
- Fit to Fly Health Certificate issued within 10 days (in the US this is known as the APHIS 7001 form)
People also ask
How much does it cost to ship a pet across country?
The flight cost to ship a pet depends on the needs of each pet and the travel distance. The average cost for long distance transport is estimated at $475 to over $700, while the average cost for short distance pet transport is estimated at $175 to $450.
How do I move my pet across country?
What’s the best way to transport my pet across-country?
- Decide by Ground or air transport.
- Start with a trip to the vet.
- Update ID tags and consider a microchip. (Required for Hawaii)
- By ground: Plan for potty breaks. Stock up on supplies. Take advantage of wide-open spaces. Make pet-friendly plans. Give pets a place to call their own.
- By Air: Find direct flights. Travel on the same flight as your pet when possible. When you board the plane, notify the captain and flight attendant that your pet is traveling in cargo.
How do you transport pets overseas?
If considering moving your pet overseas, here are some of the basic guidelines to follow.
- Check with the country’s Consulate.
- Assess the Pet Living Environment Abroad.
- Come up with a Travel Timeline.
- Meet with your pet’s Vet.
- Research and Contact Airlines.
- Find a Pet Carrier.
- Focus on your Pet’s Travel Requirements.
- VIP Pet Transport Services.